Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jul 1 - PUGIL STICKS!



The beginning of this picture set has some more martial arts training, which is extremely interesting, but honestly doesn't hold a candle to PUGIL STICKS!

We had some amazing bouts that day as I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the pictures, everyone had a real great time. This is an amazing team-building event as each fighter had all of his platoon cheering for him during the bout.

Each Recruit/Cadet is fitted out with the protective gear and told the rules: 3 body shots or 2 head shots win the match. Then amidst the cheers of their platoons they go at each other, some with lots of enthusiasm, some more calculating. All trying to bring in another win for their platoon.

Pugil Sticks are one of really exciting events during the program, but this week they also go on the rifle ranger, the rappel tower and the obstacle course. Very exciting!

Below you'll find a video of myself taking on three of the Troop Handlers, older Cadets that have been with us for at least three years each, in a pugil stick bout. I think I held my own.


Respectfully,

OC Land







1 comment:

  1. I loved this video!!! I love all the pictures posted. More videos are welcome!!! These young men and women are working so hard. Us parents are so proud!!! Keep up the good work and post as often as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete